282.03 ADF Jam Error Appears on a Lexmark MX610 & MX611 Multifunction Printers
|Lexmark MX610||Lexmark MX611|
The printer posts a 282.03 or “ADF Pickup jam” error when using the Auto Document Feeder (ADF) to scan.
A 282.03 ADF jam may occur when the ADF cover is not closed completely. One side of the cover could be closed, but the other side may not be completely closed/latched. See sample image below:
|Click Image to Enlarge|
|One side of the ADF cover is not closed properly, thus causing a 282.03 ADF Jam.|
In the image above, the ADF LED indicator still lights up as if the ADF is ready; however, the cover may not be completely latched/closed.
- Verify that the ADF cover is latched on both sides and the cover is not uneven with the top of the ADF.
NOTE: To properly close the ADF cover, push down both the left and the right-hand sides of the cover at the same time, or its center.
- Make sure that the ADF supports the weight of the media being used. Use the flatbed when scanning heavier paper.
- Make the stack of documents in the ADF tray smaller.
- Ensure that the media is not being shoved into the tray.
- If the error persists, contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up service for the printer.
Still need help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating these, click here.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.