Lexmark 'Forms and Favorites' Readme v2.0.6 (6/11)
This Readme file pertains to the current release of the LEXMARK Forms and Favorites application for multifunction printers (MFPs).
Lexmark Forms and Favorites is an embedded Java application that is installed as a flash file on multifunction printers (MFPs) that support the Lexmark Embedded Solutions Framework (eSF) v1.2 or v2.0. Forms and Favorites enables users to print bookmarks. A bookmark references a URL (an address for a Web page, an item on an FTP server, or an item in a network location).
- Any single or multifunction printer that supports eSF v1.2, v2.0, and v3.0 applications.
|Supported eSF v1.2 devices||Firmware level requirement (or later)|
|X644e, X646e, X646dte||LC2.MC.P307a|
|Supported eSF v2.0 devices
|X651de, X652de, X654de, X656de and X658de Supported eSF v2.0 MFPs include:||LR.MN.P224a|
|X734de, X736de and X738de||LR.FL.P224c|
|X463de, X464de, X466de, X466dte, X466dwe||LR.BS.P224a|
|X860de, X862de, X862dte, X864de, X864dhe, XS860de, XS862de and XS864de||LP.SP.P108|
|Supported eSF v3.0 devices
|X548de, X548dte and XS548de||n.a (not available)
|X792, X792e, X792de, x792dte, x792dtfe, x792dtpe, x792dtme, x792dtse, XS796de and XS796dte||n.a.|
|X925, X925de and XS925de||n.a.
|X950de, X952de, X952dte, X954de, X954dhe and XS955dhe||n.a.
|6500e Scanner-equipped printers||n.a.
- MFP device memory requirements: A minimum of 256 MB RAM.
- Supported Languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
- This application requires an electronic license. To obtain a license, go to www.lexmark.com and click the "Contact Lexmark" link at the bottom of the screen.
The following publications are included with Forms and Favorites v2.0.4.
- Administrator_Guide.pdf - Administrator's Guide
- Readme.txt (this file)
Compatibility and limitations of this release
- If a bookmark that uses the "Use static Username and Password" authentication option is exported, the password is exported as blank for security concerns. Therefore, the bookmark cannot be accessed after it is imported to another device. To successfully access this bookmark after importing, the administrator must edit the bookmark to provide the correct password.
- Shortcuts (icons on the printer home screen) to bookmarks are not exported. The bookmarks themselves are exported, but home screen shortcuts to the bookmarks are not exported.
- Forms and Favorites supports the following file types: PDF, JPEG,TIFF, TXT, and HTML-based Web pages.
- Empty folders are not exported.
- Forms and Favorites can export a maximum of 55 bookmarks.
- A duplicate bookmark name cannot be entered via the printer operator panel. However, a duplicate bookmark name can be created via the printer's configuration Web page.
- On eSF v1.2 MFPs that do not have a hard drive, the user must restart the MFP after installing Forms and Favorites for the application to work properly.
- For eSF v1.2 MFPs, PNG images are not supported for the Welcome Screen
Icon and the Icon when pressed.
- The maximum file size that can be printed from a network location depends on the MFP. Some MFPs can print larger file sizes than others.
- The settings import and export operations are not supported on eSF v1.2 MFPs.
For further installation and configuration instructions, please see the Lexmark 'Forms and Favorites' Administrator's Guide (AdminGuide.pdf) provided with the application. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view this guide.adf