Lexmark MS81x & MX81x – Troubleshooting 200.x5 or 241.08 Paper Jam Error
|Lexmark M5163||Lexmark M5163dn||Lexmark M5170|
|Lexmark MS810||Lexmark MS810de||Lexmark MS811||Lexmark MS812|
|Lexmark MS812de||Lexmark MX810||Lexmark MX811||Lexmark MX812|
|Lexmark XM7155||Lexmark XM7163||Lexmark XM7170|
What you will see
The printer posts a 200.x5 or 241.08 paper jam error as the sheets overlapped in the Fuser. See images below.
|Click Images to Enlarge|
|Two sheets overlapped in the fuser as seen at the rear side of the printer (left image) and inside with toner and imaging kit removed (middle image).||(Top) A single image is printed in overlapping paper.|
- The numeric error code displayed depends on the firmware version running on the printer. If you recently updated your printer's firmware and this type of jam happens, most likely you will get a 241.08 numeric error instead of a 200.x5.
- A 241.08 error will inform you that extra sheets are in the output bin. These are the "supposed" jammed sheets which the printer automatically flushed. You just have to press "Continue" to reprint the job instead of opening the door and removing the cartridge in order to clear the jam.
- In a 200.x5 numeric error, an ‘x’ indicates the source tray (0 = MPT, 1 = tray 1, etc.).
Follow the recommendations below to avoid or minimize the occurrence of 200.05, 200.15, or 241.08 paper jam.
|The type of media being used||
|Proper media loading||
The printer’s current Base code level
How to download firmware
- Go to support.lexmark.com.
- Type your printer model in the “Enter Product Name” field and click OR click on the picture of the correct printer model shown.
- Locate the “Downloads” tab.
- Select the version of the Operating System.
- Click the link available under "Firmware".
After downloading the latest firmware, select any of the methods below to perform the update.
|Firmware Flash Methods||Information|
|Embedded Web Server (EWS) Recommended||Open a browser and enter the IP address of the printer. Select Settings > Update Firmware.|
|USB utility||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|USB thumb drive||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|FTP||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|Printer File Loader
|Click here for the detailed steps.|
Still need help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating these, click here.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.