Lexmark MS310, MS410, MS510, MS610, MX310, MX410, MX510, MX510, MX610, & MX611 Printer/MFP – Multi-feeding Paper or Transparencies from Tray 1 and Input Options
|Lexmark MS310||Lexmark MS410||Lexmark MS510|
|Lexmark MS610||Lexmark MS610de||Lexmark MX310||Lexmark MX410|
|Lexmark MX510||Lexmark MX511||Lexmark MX610||Lexmark MX611|
What you will see
The printer is pulling two or more sheets of paper or transparency at the same time. This normally results in the paper jamming or a blank sheet of paper feeding through the printer.
Sheets of lightweight or special media items such as labels and transparencies are more likely to stick together than standard paper. If paper or transparencies are multi-feeding either from Tray 1 or other Input Options, follow the recommended tips below.
Check media for damage
Check the stack for the following characteristics, any of which can cause pages to stick together.
- Glue residue from the wrapper/packaging is on the paper.
- The edge on one or more pages is damaged or wrinkled.
- The paper has pre-punched holes in it.
|Wrapper glue||Damaged paper||Wrinkled paper||Pre-punched holes|
Fan the media before loading
Fan the media and ensure that none of the sheets stick together. Follow the illustration below:
|Proper way of fanning the media|
Tips on using transparencies
- Print a test page of the transparencies being considered for use before buying large quantities of them.
- Feed transparencies from the standard tray or the multipurpose feeder.
- Use transparencies designed specifically for laser printers. Transparencies must be able to withstand temperatures up to 185° Celsius (365° Fahrenheit) without melting.
- Before loading transparencies, flex, fan, and straighten the stack to prevent sheets from sticking together.
Still need help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating these, click here.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.