Unable to Close the Front Door of a Lexmark MS310, MS410, MS510, MS610, MX310, MX410, MX510, MX511, MX610, & MX611 Printer/MFP
|Lexmark MS310||Lexmark MS410||Lexmark MS510|
|Lexmark MS610||Lexmark MS610de||Lexmark MX310||Lexmark MX410|
|Lexmark MX510||Lexmark MX511||Lexmark MX610||Lexmark MX611|
What you will see
You are unable to close or have difficulty closing the printer’s front cover.
The front door will not close if the cartridge is not fully seated. This can happen if the cartridge is slowly installed into the printer but not fully seated/installed.
A cartridge retainer finger protrudes from the guide rail when the front cover closes. (See image below.) If a cartridge is not fully installed, the retainer cannot be actuated and the front door cannot close.
|Click Image to Enlarge|
|Right-side view of the cartridge: The red arrow points the retainer finger.|
NOTE: This failure is the desired function. By design, the printer should not work if the cartridge is not fully installed.
- Open the printer's front door.
- Remove the Toner Unit. Check whether any obstructions are inside; clear the obstruction if one exists.
- Re-insert the toner and make sure that it is seated properly.
- Close the door and see whether the printer will go on Ready mode.
- If the message persists, the Door Open Switch might be damaged. Contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up service.
Still need help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating these, click here.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.