Click Properties in the title section above.
The printer posts any of the following error codes:
- 191.10 – Tray 1 lift plate did not move to the correct…
- 192.10 – Tray 2 lift plate did not move to the correct…
- 193.10 – Tray 3 lift plate did not move to the correct…
- 194.10 – Tray 4 lift plate did not move to the correct…
- 196.10 – Tray 5 lift plate did not move to the correct…
Should you get any of the errors listed above, it is possible that a piece of paper is stuck behind the relevant tray. This usually happens after getting a 24y.xx paper jam, where y is the number of the tray.
If the paper is stuck in the feed area of the associated tray, opening that tray in an attempt to remove the jam might result in the paper getting pushed behind the tray when it is closed, as shown below.
|Partially fed sheet of paper that was pushed behind the tray when it was closed, resulting in a 19x.10 error code.|
Prevent these jams by making sure paper is properly loaded into the tray and make sure paper guides are locked into the correct position. See Loading the 2500-Sheet Tray for additional instructions.
Effects of improper paper guide alignment:
|Paper guides...||Leads to...|
adjusted too tight against the paper stack...
|Paper skew (rotational shift), potential misfeeds, jams and numerous errors.|
adjusted too loose and not touching the paper stack...
Removing jammed paper
When removing partially fed paper, especially those that are stuck in the feed area, DO NOT attempt to remove it by opening first the standard trays. Remove the paper jam by following the procedure below:
Unable to remove the paper or clear the error?
The printer may require service if the following conditions are prevalent:
- Any of the service engine errors stated above occur frequently.
- Paper pushed behind the tray cannot be retrieved.
- The error code remains even after removing the stuck paper and performing a power-on reset (POR*) of the printer.
* Power off, wait 10 seconds and power on.
Still need help?
If you need additional assistance, please close this browser tab or go to the Lexmark support site, type your printer model and locate Get in Touch with Lexmark! for contact information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need the following:
- Affected printer model/'s
- Printer serial number
Please be near the product/s described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.