What you will see
The printer posts any of the following error codes:
- 191.10 – Tray 1 lift plate did not move to the correct…
- 192.10 – Tray 2 lift plate did not move to the correct…
- 193.10 – Tray 3 lift plate did not move to the correct…
- 194.10 – Tray 4 lift plate did not move to the correct…
- 195.10 – Tray 5 lift plate did not move to the correct…
Should you get any of the errors listed above, it is possible that a piece of paper is stuck behind the relevant tray. This usually happens after getting a 24y.xx paper jam, where y is the number of the tray.
If the paper is stuck in the feed area of the associated tray, opening that tray in an attempt to remove the jam might result in the paper getting pushed behind the tray when it is closed, as shown below.
|Click Image to Enlarge|
|Partially fed sheet of paper that was pushed behind the tray when it was closed, resulting in a 19x.10 error code.|
How to avoid getting the error
When removing partially fed paper, especially those that are stuck in the feed area, DO NOT attempt to remove it by opening first the standard trays. Remove the paper jam by following the procedure below:
|Step||Action||Click Image to Enlarge|
Open door C (Figure 1a and 1b) or D (Figure 1b and 1d) depending on the jam's location. Make sure that it does not hit any cable attached to the printer.
Remove the jammed paper from any of the following locations:
Note: Make sure that all paper fragments are removed.
CAUTION—HOT SURFACE: The inside of the printer might be hot. To reduce the risk of injury from a hot component, allow the surface to cool before touching it.
What to do if you are unable to remove the paper or clear the error
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up service for the printer:
- If you already received one of the service engine errors stated above.
- If a piece of paper has already been pushed behind the tray and you are unable to remove it.
- If you are unable to clear the error code even after removing the stuck paper and reset the printer by powering it off, wait for ten seconds, then power it back on.
If you require additional assistance, please close this window and locate Get In Touch with Lexmark! for contact information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need your printer model/machine type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating these, click here.
Please be near the products described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.