The printer posts a 230.03 paper jam error with the paper stopping in the rear door. See images below.
|Click Images to Enlarge|
|A 230.03 paper jam error as it appears in the printer’s control panel.||Paper stuck in rear door as the printer posts the 230.03 error.|
Should the error appear only when printing duplex (double-sided), you may see the paper stuck instead in the fuser exit and not in the duplex area as shown in the images below.
|Click Images to Enlarge|
|If a 230.03 paper jam occur when doing duplex, the paper that should supposedly pass through the duplexer (B) ends up instead in the fuser exit (A).|
Check media type
- Verify whether the printer supports the type of media you are using. See the printer’s User’s Guide for more information.
- When printing specialty media; check that it meets all recommendations specified in the printer’s Cardstock & Label guide.
- Check the condition of the media.
Check how the media is being loaded
- Check media level. Make sure the paper trays are not over filled and that the tray guides are set correctly.
- Make sure the media size & type settings match the actual paper size & type loaded in the printer.
- Ensure that the media stack's corners are straight; i.e., that the sheets are aligned.
- Check the condition of the media. Make sure its edges are not damaged and that no sheets are locked together.
- Fan the media to make sure no sheets are locked together or that nothing is causing the sheets to stick together.
Check the printer
- Check for any obstruction in the paper path, duplex path, and media tray pass through areas. Clear the obstruction if one exists.
- Check the condition of the pick roll and separator roller. Clean the rollers if necessary. Also check the paper tray for any signs of damage.
NOTE: Should any of the rollers be worn out or if the paper tray shows signs of damage, contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up printer service.
- When printing, make sure that the rear door is fully closed. If the rear door fails to close fully or should it show any signs of damage, contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up printer service.
If error appears only when printing duplex
- Open the printer’s rear door and check for debris in the diverter area.
- Check that the diverter is free to move as shown in the images below.
Click Images to Enlarge The diverter opens when pushed (left-hand image) and closes when released
- Remove any media or debris interfering with movement. If the diverter is not freely moving when pushed even without any obstructions, please contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up service for the printer.
Still need help?
If you require additional assistance, please close this window and locate Get In Touch with Lexmark! for contact information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need your printer model/machine type and serial number (SN). Should you need help locating these, click here.
Please be near the products described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.