What you will see
The printer posts a 900.80 firmware error when performing any function involving the scanner.
A possible secondary crash code is 565 Scanmgr.Main 0400-0000 doapps/scanmgr2/scanner/PRJ/PRJScanner.cpp-1409: rc=110.
In general, most 900.80 firmware errors occur after a scan has been initiated but the scan destination (e.g., thumb drive, network folder, etc.) cannot successfully receive the scanned output, thus leading to a scan data overflow.
The following scenarios may cause the error:
- A user removes the thumb drive during a scan.
- A user disconnects a network cable during a scan.
- A server fails during a scan to network operation.
- A server fills up during a scan to network operation.
- A server slows down significantly during a scan to network operation.
- A hard drive fails during a scan operation that uses the internal hard drive (e.g., copy collation, background processing).
- Memory fails during a scan (e.g., scanner memory, system card memory).
- A cable or connector is loose or defective between scanner and system card; thus the scan data may be corrupted and not receivable.
- An application bug that fails to prepare and receive scan data that it has requested without an overflow.
- An application bug that fails to receive scan data at a rate to avoid an overflow.
- A firmware bug that fails to prepare print path for handling the scan copy data without an overflow.
- A firmware bug that fails to handle scanner jams in a timely manner leading to scan data overflow.
To address this concern, Lexmark recommends updating the firmware to the latest PE release code available for your printer.
To obtain the latest version, please contact Lexmark Technical Support and reference this article ID. Support personnel can assist with the update procedure if necessary.
Still need help?
If you need additional assistance, please close this window, go to your product's support page and locate Get In Touch with Lexmark! for contact information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need your printer model/machine type and serial number (SN).
Please be near the products described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce call-back situations.