‘324.xx', ‘334.xx’ or ‘344.xx’ Service Engine Error Code on a Lexmark C950, X950, X952 or X954 Color Printer
|Lexmark C950||Lexmark X950||Lexmark X952|
The printer displays one or more of the following error messages:
- 324.xx service engine error indicates a jam in Tray 2.
- 334.xx service engine error indicates a jam in Tray 3.
- 344.xx service engine error indicates a jam in Tray 4.
NOTE: A wrong TTM / 3TM / 1TM left door part number can also cause the 3xx error.
Steps Actions 1 Check inside the printer for anything that may cause obstruction in the paper path and media tray pass-through areas. Clear the obstruction if one exists. 2 Remove media from the paper tray; ensure that the paper guides in the tray are set in the correct position for that size of print media. Confirm the guides are locked into that position and that they are not damaged. 3 Make sure the media size and type settings match the actual paper size and type loaded in the printer. 4 Check the media's condition. Make sure its edges are not damaged and that no sheets are locked together. 5 Fan the media to make sure no sheets are locked together or that nothing is causing the sheets to stick together. 6 Ensure that the media stack's corners are straight, i.e., that the sheets are aligned. 7 Send a couple of print jobs and see whether the error returns.
- If the error does not show, continue normal printer use. However, observe it closely over the next few days to see whether the issue returns.
- If the error persists, contact Lexmark Technical Support for other troubleshooting suggestions.
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating your printer's model type and serial number, click here.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.