This document is applicable to the following Lexmark Multifunction printer models: Lexmark CX510, Lexmark MX610, Lexmark MX710, Lexmark MX81x, Lexmark XC2132, Lexmark XM3150, Lexmark XM5163.
"My Shortcuts" icon no longer appears after restarting the printer. The same scenario may happen even after enabling the icon from the printer.
- Restart the printer and see whether the icon re-appears.
- Update the printer's firmware to the latest code level.
NOTE: If the printer’s code level is EC0, please first upgrade to EC3 before flashing to EC4 or latest. To get a copy of the EC3 firmware, please contact Lexmark Technical Support.
How to check the firmware code level of the printer
If the printer is connected to the network, you can check its firmware code through the Embedded Web Server (EWS). To do this:
- Open a browser and enter the IP address of the printer.
- Select Reports.
- Select Device Information.
- Check the first 3 or 4 digits of the Base. The number that appears right after the first two letters corresponds to the code level; i.e., LW0 = EC0, LW1 = EC1, etc. Click here to see an example screen shot of a printer with EC1 code.
Another way of checking the code level is by printing the Menu Settings pages. To do this in the printer’s operator panel screen, navigate through: Settings > Reports > Menu Settings.
How to download firmware
- Go to support.lexmark.com.
- Type your printer model in the “Enter Product Name” field and click OR click on the picture of the correct printer model shown.
- Locate the “Downloads” tab.
- Select the version of the Operating System.
- Click the link available under "Firmware".
Once you have the latest firmware downloaded, proceed with any of the options below to perform the update.
|Firmware Flash Methods||Information|
|Embedded Web Server (EWS) Recommended||Open a browser and enter the IP address of the printer. Select Settings > Update Firmware.|
|USB utility||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|USB thumb drive||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|FTP||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|Printer File Loader
|Click here for the detailed steps.|
NOTE: Should issue persist or if you are having difficulties performing the update, please contact Lexmark Technical Support.
Still need help?
If you require additional assistance, please close this window and locate Get In Touch with Lexmark! for contact information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need your printer model/machine type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating these, click here.
Please be near the products described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.