Toner lightly covers page backgrounds (see below).
- Clear the paper path of any media, staples, paper debris, or other obstructions.
- Try printing on recommended media that is dry and fresh from a ream.
- The Cartridge may be empty. Try printing with a different cartridge if one is available.
- Check the Charge Roll and Transfer Roll assemblies for contamination and wear. Replace the Charge Roll and/or Transfer Roll if needed.
- Check metal contacts between the cartridge and printer. Click here to see a picture of good contacts.
- If the defect persists, contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up service for the printer.
If you require additional assistance, please close this window and locate Get In Touch with Lexmark! for contact information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need your printer model/machine type and serial number (SN), as well as the cartridge part number and serial number. If you need help locating these, click here.
Please be near the products described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.