What you will see
When making a copy using the Auto-Document Feeder (ADF), all copies exhibit a line in the area 2mm up from the page bottom. See sample images below:
|Click Images to Enlarge|
The steps outlined in this article's succeeding sections should clear this type of scan/copy defect described. If the line shows elsewhere in the page or should it appear even when using the flatbed scanner, please contact Lexmark Technical Support for other troubleshooting suggestions.
Download the latest firmware for your printer
- Go to support.lexmark.com.
- Type your printer model in the “Enter Product Name” field and click OR click on the picture of the correct printer model shown.
- Locate the “Downloads” tab.
- Select the version of the Operating System.
- Click the link available under "Firmware".
- Once you have the latest firmware, proceed with the next section for information on how to perform the update
How to update the firmware
Select any of the method below to flash the latest firmware on your printer.
|Firmware Flash Methods||Information|
|Embedded Web Server (EWS) Recommended||Open a browser and enter the IP address of the printer. Select Settings > Update Firmware.|
|USB utility||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|USB thumb drive||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|FTP||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|Printer File Loader
|Click here for the detailed steps.|
NOTE: If the defect persists or if you are having difficulties performing the update, please contact Lexmark Technical Support.
Still need help?
If you require additional assistance, please close this window and locate Get In Touch with Lexmark! for contact information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need your printer model/machine type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating these, click here.
Please be near the products described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.