What you will see
283.03 Auto document feeder (ADF) Jam
Here are some simple things to check should the scanner ADF frequently encounter paper jams:
- If the ADF is multi-feeding or single feeding, then check for dirt on the ADF separator pad, restraint pad, and ADF separator rollers.
- Check the paper guide width, especially should the scanned result appear skewed.
- Make sure the top cover is not open or ajar. Properly close the top cover, if needed.
- Update the printer’s firmware.
Printer model... If... Then update firmware to... MX410 / MX51x / XM1140 / XM1145 Below .P231 / .E309 .P231/E309 or later. MX61x / XM3150 Below .P231 / .E311 .P231/E311 or later
- See article ID# TE750 for additional 282 and 283 error troublehooting tips.
How to download and install the latest firmware
- Go to support.lexmark.com.
- Type your printer model in the “Enter Product Name” field and click OR click on the picture of the correct printer model shown.
- Locate the “Downloads” tab.
- Select the version of the Operating System.
- Click the link available under "Firmware".
- After downloading the firmware, proceed with any of the methods below to perform the update.
|Firmware Flash Methods||Information|
|Embedded Web Server (EWS) Recommended||Open a browser and enter the IP address of the printer. Select Settings > Update Firmware.|
|USB utility||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|USB thumb drive||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|FTP||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|Printer File Loader
|Click here for the detailed steps.|
Still need help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating these, click here.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.