Lexmark MX410, MX51x, MX61x, XM1140, XM1145, XM3150 – Troubleshooting 283.03 Scanner Jam
|Lexmark MX410||Lexmark MX510||Lexmark MX511|
|Lexmark MX610||Lexmark MX611||Lexmark XM1140||Lexmark XM1145|
What you will see
The printer posts a ‘283.03 Auto document feeder (ADF) Jam’.
Here are some simple things to check should the scanner ADF frequently encounter paper jam:
- If the ADF is multi-feeding or shingle feeding, then check for dirt on the ADF separator pad, restraint pad, and ADF separator rollers.
- Check the paper guide width especially if the scanned result appeared skewed.
- Make sure the top cover is not open or ajar. Properly close the top cover if needed.
- Should the error persist, proceed with updating the printer’s firmware to:
- MX410 / MX51x / XM1140 / XM1145 – P231/E309 or the latest
- MX61x / XM3150 – P231/E311 or the latest
How to download and install the latest firmware
- Go to support.lexmark.com.
- Type your printer model in the “Enter Product Name” field and click OR click on the picture of the correct printer model shown.
- Locate the “Downloads” tab.
- Select the version of the Operating System.
- Click the link available under "Firmware".
After downloading the firmware, proceed with any of the methods below to perform the update.
|Firmware Flash Methods||Information|
|Embedded Web Server (EWS) Recommended||Open a browser and enter the IP address of the printer. Select Settings > Update Firmware.|
|USB utility||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|USB thumb drive||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|FTP||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|Printer File Loader
|Click here for the detailed steps.|
Still need help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating these, click here.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.