T64x & X64x Print Quality Tool – Transfer Roll Defect: Horizontal White Stripes or Bands
|Lexmark T640||Lexmark T642||Lexmark T644|
|Lexmark X642e||Lexmark X644e||Lexmark X646e|
Your printer produces white stripes that appear in a side-to-side in direction; this defect often repeats along the page.
- Print the "Print Defects Guide" to determine which roller in the printer needs to be replaced. To do this, navigate through: Menu > Help > Print Defects Guide.
- Clear the paper path of any media, staples, or obstructions.
- Try printing on recommended media that is dry and fresh out of a ream.
- Check the toner level. Replace the print cartridge if the toner is low.
- Check the transfer roll assembly for contamination and wear. Replace the transfer roll if needed.
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating these, click here.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.