A large area of expected print is missing.
- Try printing on recommended media that is dry and fresh out of a ream. Paper can absorb moisture at high humidity, preventing toner from sticking to paper.
- Check the cartridge toner level. Replace the cartridge if the toner level is low.
- Clear the paper path of any paper debris, stables, or other obstructions.
- Check that no obstructions block the laser path above the cartridge.
- Check the transfer roll assembly for contamination and wear. Replace the transfer roll, if needed.
- Check the left and right-hand transfer roll brackets. Replace them if damaged.
- The Laser Scan Unit (LSU) may need adjustment. Contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up service for this printer.
- Try printing with a different cartridge. Replace the cartridge if necessary.
- Check the metal cartridge electrical contacts. Click here to see contact locations. Should any contacts be bent, dirty, or contaminated, please contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up service for this printer.
- If the problem persists, please contact Lexmark Technical Support.
If you require additional assistance, please close this window and locate Get In Touch with Lexmark! for contact information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need your printer model/machine type and serial number (SN), as well as the cartridge part number and serial number. Should you need help locating these, click here.
Please be near the products described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.