Damp media often causes wrinkles. After paper is exposed to hot humid conditions, for example 78 degrees F and 80% humidity, the paper absorbs the moisture and wrinkles more easily.
Also, paper that has been printed before is more likely to wrinkle and jam in the printer.
- Check the printer installation. Verify the printer is on a flat, even surface.
- Toner may build up and harden in the paper path between the cartridge and fuser. Remove the cartridge and clean its bottom surfaces. Replace the fuser if necessary.
- Clear the paper path of any media, staples, debris, or obstructions.
- Try printing on recommended media that is dry and fresh from a new ream.
- Properly load the media into the tray. All the guides must be snug, but not overly tight.
- Make sure all doors and access panels are completely closed.
- Check paper pick tires and guide wheels for contamination or excessive wear.
- If defect persists, contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up service for the printer
If you require additional assistance, please close this window and locate Get In Touch with Lexmark! for contact information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need your printer model/machine type and serial number (SN), as well as the cartridge part number and serial number. If you need help locating these, click here.
Please be near the products described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.