"Ghosting" occurs when an image repeats down the page, often lighter than the original image.
- Try printing on recommended media, dry media, and media fresh out of a ream.
- Ghosting can occur when the fuser is running too hot or too cold. Set the media Type, Weight and Texture to the appropriate type, weight, and texture.
- Try printing with a different cartridge if one is available.
- Print the “Repeating defects measurements” page from the printer menu: Menu > Help > Print Defects. Use this guide with your print sample to determine if it is the charge roll, fuser or transfer roll that needs to be replaced.
- Should the defect persist, contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up service for the printer.
If you require additional assistance, please close this window and locate Get In Touch with Lexmark! for contact information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need your printer model/machine type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating these, click here.
Please be near the products described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce callbacks.