The output print is too light.
- Confirm whether light print occurs during scan/copy or print operation.
- If light print occurs during scan/copy operation, first check darkness settings and increase as necessary. Contact Lexmark Technical Support should defect persist even with darkness settings adjusted.
- If light print occurs during print operation, remove toner cartridge from printer and shake it rigorously from side to side. Re-install the cartridge to the printer and print a test page.
- If the defect persists, check the Toner Level settings. Should the Toner Level setting be lower than 8, print resolutions will look lighter. Adjust the Toner Level until desired result is achieved.
- Check whether paper type, weight and texture settings match the paper being used in the printer. Correct the settings as needed.
- If the print is still light, try using new supplies – Toner Cartridge and Photoconductor Unit (PCU). If defect persists or should you not have spare supplies to test, contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up service for the printer.
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating these, click here.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.