This document is applicable to the following Lexmark Multifunction printer (MFP) models: MX310, MX410, MX510, MX61x, MX71x, MX81x, CX310, CX410, & CX510.
What you will see
Sending a fax fails and you see an .E724 or .E970 error displayed on the printer or transmission log. Also, after rebooting the device, the device may work properly for a period of time before reverting back to this behavior.
It is possible that the devices are on a shared line.
- Enable Line Connected Detection
- Enable Line In Wrong Jack Detection
- Enable Extension In Use Support
You can change these settings using the printer’s Operator Panel Menu or by accessing the printer’s Embedded Web Server (EWS).
- Open an Internet browser; e.g., Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc.
- Type the printer’s IP address in the browser’s address field.
- Click “Settings” on the left pane.
- Click “Fax settings” and then “Analog Fax Setup”.
- Uncheck the options as shown in the image below.
|Click Image to Enlarge|
|Make sure the options boxed in red are all unchecked.|
IMPORTANT! Power cycle (restart) the device to reset the modem and the current line status.
Still need help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.