This document is applicable to the following Lexmark Multifunction printer (MFP) models: MX310, MX410, MX510, MX61x, MX71x, MX81x, CX310, CX410, & CX510.
What you will see
Calls are failing when you send a fax and the device displays an E970 error. The device may work properly for the first couple of calls after you restart it but then will fail until it has been restarted again.
It is possible that the devices are on a shared line.
To resolve the issue and avoid experiencing the same error, access the printer’s Fax Settings and disable the following:
- Enable Line Connected Detection
- Enable Line In Wrong Jack Detection
- Enable Extension In Use Support
You can change these settings using the printer’s Operator Panel Menu or by accessing the printer’s Embedded Web Server (EWS). To change the settings using the EWS, follow these steps:
- Open an Internet browser; e.g., Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc.
- Type the printer’s IP address in the browser’s address field.
- Click “Settings” on the left pane.
- Click “Fax settings” and then “Analog Fax Setup”.
- Uncheck the options as shown in the image below.
|Click Image to Enlarge|
|Make sure the options boxed in red are all unchecked.|
IMPORTANT! Power cycle (restart) the device to reset the modem and the current line status.
Still need help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.