Ex6x/Xx6x Print Quality Tool – Ex6x, X264, X36x Light Print
|Lexmark E260||Lexmark E360||Lexmark E460|
|Lexmark E462||Lexmark X264||Lexmark X363||Lexmark X364|
The output printout is too light.
- Remove the toner cartridge from the printer and shake it rigorously from side to side.
- Re-install the cartridge into the printer and print a test page.
- If the defect persists, check the Toner Level settings. If the Toner Level setting is lower than 8, print resolutions will look lighter. Adjust the Toner Level until desired result is achieved.
- Check whether paper type, weight and texture settings match the paper being used in the printer. Correct the settings as needed.
- If the print is still light, try using new supplies – Toner Cartridge and Photoconductor Unit (PCU). If defect persists or should you not have spare supplies to test, contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up service for the printer.
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating these, click here.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.