The communication layer will intermittently stop and need to be manually restarted. Normally, sending a print job will let you print again.
A print job status goes part way and stops and nothing happens or a communication not available message appears.
|Print Job Status Locks up||Communication Not Available|
|Click Image to Enlarge|
Check whether the Lexmark service "lx??_device" (see article#: HO3720) status is stopped and will not restart when a print job is sent. Either rebooting the computer or manually restarting the said service will allow printing again.
Please download and install the specific patch below for your printer to correct the problem:
- Click here to download the S300-S400 Series patch.
- Click here to download the S600 Series patch.
- Click here to download the Pro200-S500 Series patch.
- Click here to download the Pro700 Series patch.
- Click here to download the Pro800-Pro900 Series patch.
Still Need Help?
If you need additional assistance, please contact Lexmark Technical Support. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near a computer and printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving one or all of these devices.