Lexmark MS81x, MS71x, MX81x, and MX71x – Troubleshooting 203.22 Paper Jam & 149.00 Service Redrive Motor Error
|Lexmark M5155||Lexmark M5163||Lexmark M5163dn|
|Lexmark M5170||Lexmark MS710||Lexmark MS711||Lexmark MS810de|
|Lexmark MS810n / MS810dn / MS810dtn||Lexmark MS811||Lexmark MS812de||Lexmark MS812dn / MS812dtn|
|Lexmark MX710||Lexmark MX711||Lexmark MX810||Lexmark MX811|
|Lexmark MX812||Lexmark XM5163||Lexmark XM5170||Lexmark XM7155|
|Lexmark XM7163||Lexmark XM7170|
Below, an intermittent 203.22 paper jam with sheets overlapped at the fuser or a 149.00 Service Redrive Motor Error is shown in the printer.
|Click the Images to Enlarge|
|(Left-side image) Upper-half of a sheet of paper stuck as it exits the printer.
(Right-side image) Lower-half of the same sheet stuck in the Fuser part
and overlapping with another paper.
Check the media type
- Verify whether the printer supports the type of media you are using. See the printer’s User’s Guide for more information.
- When printing specialty media; check that it meets all recommendations specified in the printer’s Cardstock & Label guide.
- Check the condition of the media.
Check how the media is being loaded
- Check media level. Make sure the paper trays are not over filled and that the tray guides are set correctly.
- Make sure the media size & type settings match the actual paper size & type loaded in the printer.
- Ensure that the media stack's corners are straight; i.e., that the sheets are aligned.
- Check the condition of the media. Make sure its edges are not damaged and that no sheets are locked together.
- Fan the media to make sure no sheets are locked together or that nothing is causing the sheets to stick together.
Check the printer
- Check for any obstruction in the paper path, duplex path, and media tray pass through areas. Clear the obstruction if one exists.
- Check the condition of the pick roll and separator roller. Clean the rollers if necessary. Also check the paper tray for any signs of damage.
NOTE: Should any of the rollers be worn out or if the paper tray shows signs of damage, contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up printer service.
- When printing, make sure that the rear door is fully closed. If the rear door fails to close fully or should it show any signs of damage, contact Lexmark Technical Support to set up printer service
Still need help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating these, click here.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.