C792 & X792 – Poor Print Quality Is Seen in Images Printed in Color and Black Halftones
|Lexmark C792||Lexmark X792|
Poor print quality is seen in all images printed in color and black halftones.
There are a few possible causes for a poor quality color and black halftone in 4800 CQ and 1200 dpi.
- The paper type, paper weight, or paper texture settings do not match media being used. Input the correct media settings.
- The media is not supported. Consult the User's Guide and Card Stock & Label Guide for supported media specifications.
- Calibration failure. Manually initiate a calibration following the steps below:
– For C792: Settings > Quality > Color Adjust.
– For X792: Printer Settings > Quality > Color Adjust.
- Extreme black margin settings can cause color calibration to fail. Fix printer's Registration values (in Diagnostics menu). Follow Step 3 to recalibrate the printer.
- The toner cartridge is running low on toner or has been damaged. Try a new Lexmark cartridge.
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating your printer's model type and serial number, click here.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.