What you will see
Collation is failing under certain conditions with the UPD* PCL and PS driver.
Driver 'Collate' setting (ignored)
*Universal Print Driver
- Applications utilizing Sun Java v.1.0, 6, 6u10
- Windows Vista X86 and Windows 7
- Universal Print Driver 1.6.2 and above
- All UPD compatible printers
Turn ON Confidential Print but understand the following consequences:
- The job is held at the printer until a user enters their PIN#.
- The output is always collated by printer firmware based on the number of copies; driver commands for collate have no control over print output.
- Select Host Based Collation via 'Printer Properties > Configuration tab > Collation Performance > Use Host based' to regain driver control of collated versus uncollated printer output.
Click here to view Oracle's bug ticket concerning this issue.
Still Need Help?
If you require additional assistance, please see Contact information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need your printer model/machine type and serial number (SN).
Please be near the products described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce call-back situations.