Lexmark MS71x, MS81x, MX71x, & MX81x – Broken or Missing Cartridge Plunger Causes Printing Noise, 31.46 or 31.66 Error, and Print Quality Issue
|Lexmark M5155||Lexmark M5163||Lexmark M5163dn|
|Lexmark M5170||Lexmark MS710||Lexmark MS711||Lexmark MS810|
|Lexmark MS810de||Lexmark MS811||Lexmark MS812||Lexmark MS812de|
|Lexmark MX710||Lexmark MX711||Lexmark MX810||Lexmark MX811|
|Lexmark MX812||Lexmark XM5163||Lexmark XM5170||Lexmark XM7155|
|Lexmark XM7163||Lexmark XM7170|
The cartridge plunger (A) is used to depress the button (B) on the cartridge. This opens the cartridge shutter, thus allowing toner to flow from the cartridge to the imaging unit when the auger motor turns.
|Click Image to Enlarge|
The following symptoms and errors could appear should the cartridge bottle shutter fail to open or if the control panel cartridge plunger is broken or missing:
- Noise from the upper-left side of the printer that starts out sounding like a thumping sound, and which can later lead to very loud grinding noise; see the section Sample Noise below to compare the sound produced by your printer.
- Prior to hearing any grinding noise, you may notice some horizontal banding on every printout. Click here to see a sample print.
- Typically, you can print several pages before seeing an error message. You may see a 201.22 paper jam, yet no paper is stuck inside the printer. This means that the cartridge auger motor has detected an “underspeed” condition. This may occur if the plunger is broken or missing on the right-side control panel hinge.
- Eventually, you will likely see a "Re-install missing or unresponsive cartridge [31.46]" error after several pages print out. The same error may appear should you simply remove and reinsert the toner cartridge.
- At some point, if you have not already replaced the toner cartridge, you may see a "Re-install missing or unresponsive imaging unit [31.66]".
Play the sample audio files and compare them to your printer’s sounds. Are they same kind of noise?
|Type of noise||Click the Play button|
|Step||Action||Click Image to Enlarge|
|1||Check for a broken or missing plunger in the right-hand control panel hinge. If broken, contact Lexmark Technical Support to request service for the printer. Otherwise, proceed with the next step.|
Remove the toner cartridge from the printer and push in on the toner cartridge bottle button.
Note: This button should be very easy to depress when the cartridge is not in the printer.
Insert the toner cartridge bottle back into the printer and try pressing the toner cartridge bottle button down again.
Note: Significantly more force should now be required to depress the button.
If the button is still easy to depress while inside the printer, replace the toner cartridge bottle with a new one.
Still need help?
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support if you need additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will be asked for your machine/model type and serial number (SN). If you need help locating these, click here.
Please call from near the printer in case the technician on the phone asks you to perform a task involving the printer.