What you may see with Scan-to-Network Version 188.8.131.52 and older
You are unable to Validate share folder. What is known:
- You have successfully shared a folder and the folder has been tested to ensure that both reads and writes to the folder are successful.
- You have confirmed the correct Computer Name/ Hostname.
- You may have successfully tested with the IP Address, but this configuration is not desirable; e.g., \\IP_Address\sharename.
- Validate Path fails but product still works utilizing the hostname.
Update your version of Scan-to-Network. If you have additional questions about this procedure, please contact Lexmark Technical Support for further assistance.
Newer Scan-to-Network versions implement a change to not clip off the NetBIOS* name.
*NetBIOS is a required for Scan-to-Network (SNF) to work properly.
Also, additional changes were made to improve performance:
- SNF to NOT override the DNS* "resolve order".
- SNF to include the device netmask at connection time.
These changes helped speed up connection times and allow hostname resolution to work properly when the netmask and DNS are set correctly.
*DNS - Domain Name System
Still Need Help?
If you require additional assistance, please see Contact information. NOTE: In order to expedite the support process, please be prepared to provide information regarding your issue; e.g., name and version of solution, problem description, and affected printer models.
Additional information may be requested by the support agent.