What you will see
Any of the following may be observed when upgrading to Windows 8:
- Attempting to print from an application results in the following error messages:
- Test page failed to print (Desktop)
- There was a problem connecting to the printer. Make sure it's connected and try again (Modern UI*)
*Tile-based apps downloaded from the Microsoft store
- Windows Troubleshooter cannot resolve the issue.
- During the "Checking Compatibility" of a Windows 8 upgrade, you see a report returned with the following message:
Installing Windows will affect these devices or applications:
These applications might not work properly in Windows. We recommend you close Windows Setup and uninstall these applications before you continue.
(Note: The applications marked with and asterisk (*) can be reinstalled in Windows.)
Click here for illustration.
- Any other printing or printer behavior that was not observed prior to upgrading the operating system.
Any Lexmark printer may observe one or all of these symptoms but the printers below are known to cause these issues.
|If...||Then...||To do this:|
|You ignored the original notification to uninstall the printer driver...||You can attempt to disable bidirectional communication support after you uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.||
Still Need Help?
If you require additional assistance, please see Contact information. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need your printer model/machine type and serial number (SN).
Please be near the products described in this article to expedite the support process and reduce call-back situations.