C73x Series Firmware Update (November '13)
- File Information
- Update Recommendations
- Download Firmware and Availability
- Updated Methods and Precautions
- Firmware Release Notes History
- EC6.1 Release Notes (November 2013)
- EC6 Release Notes (February 2012)
- EC5 Release Notes
- EC4 Release Notes
- Additional firmware update methods
- Still Need Help?
|All C73x Series Color MFPs||
|LR.SK.E117||Network – NR.APS.N644||
Microsoft Windows users – Lexmark_C73x_P631-E117_FWUpdate.exe
Other operating systems or flash methods: LR. SK.P631.ppcsk.LR.SK.E117.ppcske.fls
|~43 - 46MB|
An x denotes and number within a model
NOTE: See the release notes included in the firmware download package for instructions on how to send firmware to the printer. Optionally, see Update Methods and Precautions below.
- Check your printer's current code levels.
- Determine whether or not you need to update your firmware; e.g., firmware lower (<) than .P631 and an issue identified in the release notes listed below.
- After downloading and extracting the flash (.fls) files, select your update method. See update instructions below.
How to determine printer firmware code levels
Obtain the Menu Settings page or access the printer's embedded web server (EWS) for this purpose.
To do this from the printer's operator panel:
|1||Press the Menu button on the Operator Panel.|
|2||Select or touch Reports.|
|3||Select or touch Menu Settings Page to start printing.|
Look for the code level under “Device Information” and next to Base and Engine.
To do this from the printer's embedded web server(EWS):
|1||Launch your internet browser application.|
|2||After http://, enter the printer's IP address.|
Click on Reports.
|4||Click on Device Information and locate the values next to Base and Engine.|
IMPORTANT! Look for the presence of any downloadable language emulators (DLEs). Click here for an example illustration.
||Firmware download file|
|Warning! These downloadable language emulator cards are base-code dependent. Incorrect download and flashing to the printer could lead to an irrecoverable error.|
|Font or barcode card-equipped models||
Contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional update information.
|Prescribe card-equipped models|
|IPDS card-equipped models|
|Firmware Flash Methods||Information|
|Firmware Update Utility executable||This utility automatically sends the firmware to the printer in a Microsoft™ Windows environment with a USB or network connection.|
|Embedded Web Server (EWS) Recommended||Open your internet browser and enter the IP address of the printer. Select Settings > Update Firmware.|
|USB utility||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|USB thumb drive||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|FTP||Click here for the detailed steps.|
|MarkVision Professional||Visit http://www.markvisionprofessional.com to download the latest User's Guide and perform a search on Print Server updates or Generic File downloads.|
|Printer File Loader
|Click here for the detailed steps.|
- Make sure the printer is READY to receive firmware, and do not interrupt the printer's power or data connection during the update process.
- Make sure the printer is not in an intervention-requested state such as: paper jam, toner empty, tray empty; or any other warning or error message.
- Make sure the printer is able to communicate with the computer that will be hosting the downloaded and extracted firmware file.
- Make sure your organization or business has approved this firmware update. Why? Certain printers may contain special printer firmware builds specific to a particular work process or function.
- Again, identify the presence of any Downloadable Language Emulator (DLE) option cards; e.g., Barcode, ImageQuick, Forms/Prescribe, PrintCryption and IPDS. Improper code updates can lead to an irrecoverable error.
- All included .fls files included in the firmware-download package should be sent to the printer.
- DO NOT UPDATE firmware if uncertain about any of the these precautions. Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance.
Functional Enhancements and Fixes
- Security improvements.
- Addressed an issue which could lead to inadvertent "Install MICR Cartridge" messages on the op panel.
- Additional fix for 900.00 firmware error..
- Addressed a condition that could lead to an incorrect SNMP deviceInstallDate value in the deviceTable.
- Fixes slight risk of false 201.21 Motor Stall type paper jam. (.E117)
- Fixes slight risk of false “Toner Low” by sensor on new Toner Cartridge. (.E117)
- Fixes 10% cycle count error on black developer. (.E117)
- When used with P631tvl2, “Nearly Low” toner level on the Embedded Web Server is supported. (.E117)
- Improvement to Waste Toner Bottle “Near Full” messaging when using “2 dot” Waste Toner Bottles. (.E117)
- Added Apple's AirPrint™support.
- Added support in the Lexmark Enterprise MIB for the following SNMP tables (for the device, inventory, and alerts OIDs): deviceTable, hwInventoryTable, supplyInventoryTable, swInventoryTable, and deviceAlertTable
- Added remote Out-of-Service Wipe capabilities.
- Enhanced the history log header information.
- Self-signed certificates now meet PCI-DSS requirements.
- Enabled support for TLS encrypted Thinprint data.
- Enhanced Unicode font support for multi-national language usage.
- Made interface changes to allow MVE to access and configure the DDNS Refresh Time & DDNS Time to Live.
- Enhanced the PKI Apps audit logging.
- Added support for an IO Expander ISP card that can be installed in a printer/MFP and interface to a coin box.
NOTE: AirPrint and the AirPrint Logo are trademarks of Apple Inc.
- Addressed a PCL datastream issue that was resulting in incorrect output.
- Addressed several emulator issues that led to problems printing some PDF jobs.
- Fixed Postscript emulator issues that were leading to incorrect output.
- Made XPS emulator changes to allow Confidential Job PIN numbers with leading zeros.
- Made changes to improve print performance for certain print jobs.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to a firmware error when using Windows 8.
- Fixed a problem in IPDS that could lead to inadvertent printing of a Postscript error page.
Addressed issues leading to 900.32, 900.00, and 900.43 firmware errors.
- Addressed some issues that were leading to "Auth Settings Corrupt" errors.
- Addressed a login issue when using same login name with different passwords.
- Addressed an issue in which smbclient kerberos mode was not compatible with some Windows file shares.
- Addressed an issue where errors are displayed when a Kerberos configuration file with smartcard related settings is uploaded via the web page.
- Addressed an issue that could lead to a 900 firmware error when using the pkiadconfig app to configure devices with smartcards.
- Addressed an issue where a card reader could get into an error state, requiring rebooting the device to recover.
- Other security improvements added.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the AppleTalk Menu from being displayed on the Print Server Setup page of the embedded web server.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to potential code upgrade delays on devices with 4-wire card installed.
- Improved fusing performance during cold-start conditions.
- Engine level .E112 eliminated false 83.35 error messages.
Solutions Apps (Embedded Solutions Framework)
- Several performance improvements to framework and interface.
- Addressed an issue where errors are displayed when a Kerberos configuration file with smartcard related settings is uploaded via the web page. (Also under Security.)
- Addressed an issue that could lead to a 900 firmware error when using the pkiadconfig app to configure devices with smartcards. (Also under Security.)
- Addressed an issue where a card reader could get into an error state, requiring rebooting the device to recover. (Also under Security.)
- New – User configurable DDNS TTL in effect all the time, rather than only when there is a static IP
- New – Support for eSF applications related to tracking quotas
- New – Support for external 4-wire solutions via ISP
eSF* Framework (special order models only)
- Made eSF framework changes required to support newly announced Lexmark Solutions Platform
- Made miscellaneous improvements to firmware framework for eSF apps
- Added eSF support for USB HID devices
- Made various improvements related to CAC support
- Fixed an issue that could lead to 900.70 error
* Embedded solutions framework
- Fix – 900.43 P4.PS or 900 Firmware Error Process P4.PS errors addressed
- Fix – 900.57 errors
- Fix – 900.00 P4.PCL5 errors
- Fix – 900 error when printing large universal jobs at 1200 DPI
- Fix – PDF errors issues addressed
- Fix – Minor PDF issues addressed
- Fix – Minor XL/PCL issues addressed
- Fix – Infrequent margin shift with PCL/GL2.
- Fix – 976:0 Service Network Software error when printing via LPR/LPD
- Fix – Port scan leading to stuck or lost network connections addressed
- Fixes – Random network firmware related issues:
- 976 errors
- 900 Firmware error
- "54 error" when using option cards with P413a (EC1) firmware
- Webpage improvements (minor translation issues)
- SNMP reporting issues
- Auto DST in conjunction with Eastern Australia time
- Security improvements
- New – Added capability for creating custom building block names in the security setup
- New – Added ability to import/export disk encryption settings via UCF
- New – Added ability to turn on disk encryption & disk wiping via UCF
- New – Added support for SSL with client cert connection to Sharepoint server
- Improved helper text on Security Building Block Server Port field for LDAP and LDAP+GSSAPI
- Extended the default caused period of self signed certificate to a value greater than three years
- New – Added new SNMP OIDs for monitoring disk wiping and encryption
- New – Made change to allow user configurable DDNS refresh and TTL times
- New – Added ability to clear all non-volatile memory
- New – Record date of last disk wipe and last non-volatile memory clear on Menu Settings page.
The following list is provided to help you identify the issues.
- Easier security features
- Default SelfSigned SSL Certificate now signed with SHA-1
- Fix – Minor security issues
- Fix – Smartcards failing to authenticate if spaces contained within the UPN (userPrincipalname)
- Fix – Address book search failure when using Kerberos authentication in network environments that do not support reverse IP lookups
- Fix – CertManager issues have been addressed.
- Fix – Port restriction list has no effect when user is on restricted server list. See also under Network.
- Fix – Web services performance improvements
- Fix – A correction to address an outgoing routing issue; this fix applies to users configuring static IP addresses on a Gigabit internal network card.
- Fix – DHCP renewal issue where the device would renew properly, but was not renewing at T1 (half of the lease duration)
- Fix – Port restriction list has no effect when user is on restricted server list.
- Fix – 976 error related to MTU and IPv6
- Fix – Limit TCP 9000 connections to 1
- Fix – Allow hostname in the NTP address field
- Barcode printing with certain fonts
- Printer hang or other HDD issues
- Improved supplies yield efficiency in some applications
- Improved skew correction
- Fix – Barcode font with missing printable space character
- Fix – Printer freeze or hang caused by installing hard drive from another device
- Fix – USB flash drive is still detected after setting to schedule USB device deactivation.
- Fix – Printed PDF data is shifted on the page when requesting a larger size than installed size.
- Fix – Other PDF printing issues
- Fix – LPD issue with a (non-standard) LPR client reporting a file length of 0 bytes (to indicate unknown file size)
- Fix – Image and HTML Menus missing under Settings Menu on the printer operator panel
- Fix – 900.00 Firmware Error: P4.PCL5 error received with certain print jobs
- Solution Software (eSF) performance and functionality improvements
- Fix – 900.83 error when using profiles with a non-responsive Lexmark Document Distributor (LDD) Server
- Fix – Export function does not export some custom embedded solution framework (eSF) fields with long values.
- Removed unused UCF key "diskWipeManual" from UCF file
- Minor translation changes (typographical and menu fixes)
- Fix – Various 900 issues:
- Fix – 900 Firmware error caused by importing a UCF key with a very long value
- Fix – 900.00 Error Process TSPanel ReadProc: caught SIGSEGV error
- Fix – 900.00 Firmware Error: P4.PCL5 error
- Fix – Web page issue such as Copy Printer Settings selected via device web page leads to an error
- Fix – Selecting Delete List under the Schedule DIsk Wiping or Schedule USB devices clears all other schedules on device
- Fix – Various issues caused by processing UCF file that contains unknown UCF keys
Click here for an extensive list of the firmware update procedures.
Please contact Lexmark Technical Support for additional assistance. NOTE: When calling for support, you will need to know your printer model/machine type and serial number (SN).
Please call from near the printer or near a computer in case a technician on the phone requests that you perform a task on either one these devices.