Solution: Lexmark Scan Center
When using the Lexmark Scan Center application, you will be required to install a scan driver in your computer. Upon installation of the USB scan driver on the computer, the computer’s Device Manager is unable to recognize the driver by showing an error that the scanner is an unknown device. In this sample screen shot below, the error message is outlined in red:
NOTE: This issue happens only for a locally connected Lexmark printer on a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 computer.
In activating or installing the Desktop Experience feature on the server, it will enable Scan and Image Acquisition usage that will rectify the issue. The following steps will guide you about how to install Desktop Experience.
- Click the Start button, select Administrative Tools and then click Server Manager to add features on your computer.
- Click Features in the Server Manager to see the details. Then click Add features under Features Summary for the Add Roles and Features Wizard to start.
- Select Desktop Experience in the Features' list and click Install to proceed with the installation. In this sample screen shot below, the options are outlined in red.
- Open the Lexmark Scan Center and scan a document to check if it works and successfully scans.
- Should issue persist, please contact Lexmark Technical Support Center for further assistance.
Still Need Help?
Have the following available when calling Lexmark Technical Support;
- Printer model(s)
- Printer serial number
- Name and version of the solution
If you need help locating your printer model and serial number, click here.