Multifunction: MX910, MX911, MX912, XM9145, XM9155, XM9165
The printer posts any of the following error codes:
- 191.10 – Tray 1 lift plate did not move to the correct…
- 192.10 – Tray 2 lift plate did not move to the correct…
- 193.10 – Tray 3 lift plate did not move to the correct…
- 194.10 – Tray 4 lift plate did not move to the correct…
- 196.10 – Tray 5 lift plate did not move to the correct…
Should you get any of the errors listed above, it is possible that a piece of paper is stuck behind the relevant tray. This usually happens after getting a 24y.xx paper jam, where y is the number of the tray.
If the paper is stuck in the feed area of the associated tray, opening that tray in an attempt to remove the jam might result in the paper getting pushed behind the tray when it is closed, as shown in this image resulting in a 19x.10 error code.
- Prevent these jams by making sure paper is properly loaded into the tray and make sure paper guides are locked into the correct position. See Loading the 2500-Sheet Tray for additional instructions.
- When removing partially fed paper, especially those that are stuck in the feed area, DO NOT attempt to remove it by opening first the standard trays. Remove the paper jam by following the procedure below:
Removing Paper Jam
- Open door C (Figure 1a and 1b) or D (Figure 1b and 1d) depending on the jam's location. Make sure that it does not hit any cable attached to the printer.
Remove the jammed paper from any of the following locations:
Note: Make sure that all paper fragments are removed.
CAUTION—HOT SURFACE: The inside of the printer might be hot. To reduce the risk of injury from a hot component, allow the surface to cool before touching it.
Remove the paper tray and inspect any jammed paper that may have been caught behind it. Make sure to unlock the tray lock (2) as shown in this image below:
Note: The tray lock for MX91x is black instead of green as shown in the above image.
Update the printer firmware to the latest firmware available. With the latest version, the error code is automatically reset during a Power On Reset (POR).
Refer to How to Check, Download, and Update with the Latest Lexmark Printer Firmware for the steps.
Still Need Help?
Have the following available when calling Lexmark Technical Support;
- Printer model(s)
- Printer serial number