This document details how to download and initiate the installation of the latest printer driver.
IMPORTANT! Make sure you have uninstalled any copies of the driver from earlier installations before installing the latest download. See Document ID: HO3518 for more information on uninstallation.
Follow the steps below to download the latest printer driver:
- Create a new folder on your desktop and label it Lexmark.
Note: This is optional since some browsers (e.g., Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) downloads the software package to a predetermined folder as originally configured for your web browser; e.g., Downloads folder, Desktop.
- Go to Lexmark Support website.
- Click on Change Region with a flag on the upper-right hand of the page, Search for your Country and Language that matches the language of the driver you are looking for, and then click Submit.
- Type your printer model in the Enter Product Name field and click .
Alternatively, you may locate and select your product using the grid-like carousel; e.g., Monochrome Laser, All-in-One Inkjet, etc.
- Locate the Downloads tab.
- Select the Operating System; e.g., Macintosh, Windows, Linux/Unix.
- Select the OS Version.
- Locate and select the driver package of preference.
Note: You may need to click on Complete List of Software to view the full list.
- Click Download.
Note: The download process may vary depending on the browser in use.
When using Internet Explorer (IE), a File Downloaddialog box opens. Select Save, and a Save as dialog box appears. Select the folder created in Step 1 and click on Save to start the download.
When using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, it downloads the software package to a predetermined folder as originally configured for your web browser; e.g., Downloads folder, Desktop.
- Double-click the downloaded self-extracting driver package to execute the installation.
You may see the following security screen:
NOTE: Click on Run to start the installation and follow the succeeding instructions.
You may see the following screen:
NOTE: Double-click on Install to start the installation and follow the succeeding instructions.
Still Need Help?
Have the following available when calling Lexmark Technical Support;
- Printer model(s)
- Printer serial number