This package installs a printer driver for 32-bit Linux distributions with Debian-based packaging. The following components will be installed with the driver:
- Lexmark Printer Toolbox - allows users to perform maintenance operations on the device and check ink levels of the cartridges
- Wireless Setup Utility - allows users to configure the wireless settings for wireless capable printers
IMPORTANT: Follow these steps only if your printer is listed in the Linux Home Office and SMB Products
compatibility page.A. RUNNING THE GUI INSTALLER SCRIPT IN THE TERMINAL
B. RUNNING THE GUI INSTALLER SCRIPT
- Open up your favorite terminal (xterm, konsole, gnome-terminal, etc)
- Extract the zip file
- Use the following command to install the driver
- Follow the instruction in the installation screen.
- Do not attach the printer via USB to the Linux machine.
- Extract the zip file.
- Run the installer script file by double-clicking on the file icon and then click the "Run in Terminal" button or run the script file via command-line.
- Follow the instructions in the installer screen.